Update 4 (September 4 at 10 pm): We have a NEW and final winner.
Here are the current stats:
- Total comments: 185
- Number of correct guesses: 1
- The correct guess: Conor (185). The contestant failed to provide a US residential address and was therefore disqualified per the official rules.
- Winner: Web Dove (184)
Congratulations, Web Dove! You’re the final winner of the contest.
Web Dove has confirmed his shipping information and his agreement with the official rules. A brand-new Asus RT-AX86U router is on the way to him. We’ll have to wait to see if he wants to leave a personal message or not.
Update 3 (September 3 at 3:30 pm): We have a winner!
Here are the current stats:
- Total comments: 185
- Number of correct guesses: 1
- The unconfirmed winner: Conor (185).
- Unconfirmed runner-ups: Web Dove (184) and AK (188).
Congratulations, Conor! You’re the winner of the contest.
Please review the official rules at the bottom of the page. After that use the Contact page with the same email and “Giveaway contest” as the subject to send us a message saying that you agree with the rules together with your mailing address. Once the information is verified, a brand-new Asus RT-AX86U will be shipped to you.
If we don’t hear from you by 3:30 pm September 4, 2022, a new winner will be selected.
Update 2 (September 3 at 3:00 pm): The contest has ended. This is a scheduled update to close the comment section. Hidden comments will be published all at once soon. Check back soon for the result which will also be sent out via another email notification. Have a great weekend, everyone! Stay cool!
Update 1 (September 2 at 9:25 am): All new contest-entry comments on this page are now held until the contest’s end. Make sure your entry email is confirmed with the subscription.
Below is the original contest
You’re in for a chance to win this Asus RT-AX86U giveaway. This router is the real deal, not the stripped-down RT-AX86S version.
This model has been one of my favorites. It’s an easy recommendation and will work out well for almost anyone, gamers and general users alike.
But you need to act fast. Time is running out.
Asus RT-AX86U giveaway: The Details
I reviewed the Asus RT-AX86U in August 2020 and found it “Arguably the Best Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router to Date”. It’s been that way since.
This router is excellent for a medium home, and you can quickly scale up the Wi-Fi coverage using extra AiMesh hardware. And in certain combo, you can even have it as part of a Multi-Gig wired backhauling mesh system.
The point is that it’s great! Since launch, due to the demand, the router has always been sold for more than its suggested retail price.
You can buy it now on Amazon for about $270 or enter for a chance to it from Dong Knows Tech here for free.
Asus RT-AX86U: Hardware specs
|Name||ASUS RT-AX86U AX5700
Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Gaming Router
|Wi-Fi Technology||Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6
|2.4GHz Wi-Fi Specs||3×3 Wi-Fi 6: Up to 861 Mbps|
|5GHz Wi-Fi Specs||4X4 Wi-Fi 6: Up to 4804 Mbps|
|160MHz Channel Support||Yes|
|Gigabit Port||4x LAN, 1x WAN|
|Multi-Gig Port||1x 2.5 Gbps LAN/WAN|
|Link Aggregation||Yes (LAN 1 and LAN 2)|
|Dual-WAN||Yes (WAN + LAN4 or USB)|
|USB||2 x USB 3.0
(storage, modem, printer)
|Mobile App||Asus Router|
|Processing Power||1.8 GHz quad-core CPU,
256MB Flash, 1GB RAM
|Built-in Online Protection||Yes
(AiProtection powered by Trend Micro)
|Dimensions||With antennas: 9.52 x 3.93 x 12.79 inc.
(242 x 100 x 325 mm)
Without antennas: 9.52 x 3.93 x 6.45 inc.
(242 x 100 x 164 mm)
|Weight||1.8 lbs (814.5 g)|
How to enter the contest — Please read this part carefully!
To enter the contest for the chance to win, you must be(come) a subscriber to Dong Knows Tech’s new post notification.
Leave a contest entry, which is a new comment — not a reply to an existing comment — that meets the following criteria:
- The comment must start with a number, which is your best guess for the total number of all published comments on this page by the end of the contest.
- You must use a valid email address that has never been unsubscribed before* and follow the comment rules. (Hint: Be nice!)
- If you’re not yet a subscriber, check the box that reads “Notify me of new posts by email.” to subscribe. You will receive an email and need to confirm the subscription via the instruction on that email — you only have to click on a link. (Feel free to check the other two boxes, but that’s not required, and note that they are separate subscriptions that are not qualified for this contest.)
The screenshot below shows an example of a valid entry. Feel free to help yourself to some creativity with the optional text. Or not.
- Each person can leave up to five guesses by replying to their initial entry as a thread. In that case, your latest guess, per the time stamp, will be your official guess — all previous ones will be ignored.
- If you leave more than 5 guesses in a thread, the 6th and later will be ignored — they are just regular comments (Hint: Don’t do it!)
- If you create multiple threads — separate comments as contest entries — your earliest will be your official guess. (Don’t do it!)
- All comments that don’t violate the comment rules will be published right away, or after a brief hold for moderation, and counted towards the total number. They include general questions/commentaries, replies, those that don’t start with a number and disqualified contest entries.
- A day before the contest ends, all new contest-entry comments (new guesses) will be held until the end of the contest to be published simultaneously. That’s to ensure everyone is on the same level playing field. (If you wait till this phase, you generally can only leave a single guess.)
- Everyone is free to leave as many normal non-contest-entry comments as they’d like, or answer questions of existing comments.
Important: Contest duration and winning criteria
This contest will last until 3 PM (Pacific time) Saturday, September 3, 2022.
At that time, the comment section will be closed. The winner will be determined by:
- Having made the correct or the closest guess of the total published comments. And
- Their email address is active with the specific subscription**.
- In a draw, the earliest entry wins.
The winner’s winning entry will be highlighted. They will be notified (together with everybody else) via the email subscription and have 24 hours to respond via the Contact page. A runner-up will be selected if there’s no appropriate and timely response.
The final winner will have the option to show a personal message in this post, with or without a photo (of themselves and the item.) Or they can choose to remain anonymous.
Make sure you read and agree with the terms below before participating. (They won’t bite.)
Important: Rules, disclaimers, and shipping
We play by the honor system here:
- One entry per person — don’t use multiple emails!
- Participate only if you intend to use, or gift the item, and not to sell it. This is not about monetary gain.
- This giveaway is available only to those living in the United States — the intended locale of the hardware.
This giveaway transaction, if taken place, doesn’t make Dong Knows Tech the seller nor the winner the buyer. Dong Knows Tech takes no responsibility for the functionality, quality, or physical condition of the item it gives you.
- You understand that you’re getting a giveaway that’s intended to carry no monetary value, even when brand-new. You’re doing this for fun and not for financial gain.
- There’s no guarantee that the item will work according to your expectations.
- You might or might not be able to register it with the vendor for support or warranty.
- Dong Knows Tech will not provide tech support or warranty. The only thing you can expect to get from this website and its owner if you win the contest is the item itself, and nothing else.
- There’s no return.
The items will be delivered to a valid residential address within the lower 48 states in the US of the winner’s choosing via standard shipping. No insurance will be included in the shipping. Dong Knows Tech is not responsible if the item is damaged or lost during transit and will not ship a replacement.
If you want:
- Faster or better shipping. Or
- The item to be shipped to a territory outside of the US’s contiguous states (Hawaii, Alaska, etc.). Or
- Take care of the shipping cost because think you should.
You’ll need to pay for the shipping cost which will be provided to you together with the method of payment. You have the option to do that after having received the item.
No non-residential address or P.O. box is accepted. Failing to provide a US residential address in a timely manner will disqualify a winning contestant.
By participating, you explicitly agree with the rules and disclaimers mentioned here. You understand that your chance of winning is low, and you don’t receive anything when you’re not the winner. At any time you want to change your mind, please contact Dong Knows Tech to have your entry permanently removed. You can also decline to receive the item if you’re the winner.